- Sarah Passam – Day Centre manager at the Hope Centre: a leading source of support for homeless people in Northamptonshire;
- Brian Hinton – a final year Geographer who is currently conducting dissertation research with homeless young people in Worcestershire.
- some of the significant everyday challenges and risks encountered by local homeless people (including some upsetting facts about mortality rates and violence against homeless people);
- impacts of drug and alcohol misuse, including some emerging issues associated with ‘illegal highs’;
- experiences of young homeless people;
- limitations of official statistics about homelessness (according to Local Authority data there are ‘15’ homeless people in Northampton… but the Hope Centre is used by 140+ people each day, and has 10,000 people on its books!)
|Sarah Passam receives donations from some of the students|
|Geography staff and students donated food and clothing to the Hope Centre|